Radiovibrations - Offset DX
waterfall diagrams received in Handewitt, Germany on 20/01/2017
by Peer-Axel Kroeske, DL2LBP
|890.9895||0.2(1w)||0300-2100||15:05||o||EBC Ethiopia 100kW||sudden switch off on 21/1 before 04 UTC, restart a little later on 890.9968 ?
|890.9923||0.5||2140-1700||14-02||o||R.Thailand Saraburi 1000 KW
|890.9972||0.2(0.5w)||0300-||-05||o||Sinjah, Sudan 50 KW||only 20th
|890.9986||0||890.9986||24h||16-08||o||Radio Sim, Portugal 3KW||
|--||06-08 long path or two different stations?
|890.9991||0||15-18||--||too weak for Turkey (and too late)
|891.0000||0||24h||14-05||+||Radio Dena, Iran||2 transmitters, also Japan on 0000
|891.0005||0||20-22||--||HLKB KBS 1 Korea 250 KW||reported .000-.001
|891.0015||0.2||14-20||-||5AN Adelaide, Australia||
|891.0037||0.2||891.004||0020-1740||14-03||o||AIR North Nampur 20 KW
|891.0040||0.2(2w)||2050-1705||14-02||o||Ningxia, China 200 KW||strong drift on warm-up 2050
cluster 2 Hz
cluster 1 Hz
- clusters: Mauno received audio from Nigxia News Radio (1x 200 KW + 3x 10KW), with echoes disappearing when one cluster went off. It is definitely not the carrier on 890.9923 KHz which is being switches on a little later.
- 890.9923 appears to be there 24h. But I suppose the weak line during daytime comes from some local device.
- 890.9992 daytime: Will there be low power permissions in the Netherlands now that Hulsberg is off? Maybe someone is already preparing for that looking at those daytime signals switching on and off. Or just an ordinary pirate...
- Some expected stations missing: Algeria was off, Sudan probably also that day. But what about the other Chinese networks? All on 891.0000? There are 4 different programmes listed. And Nigxia News Radio has a co-channel network with 5 transmitters.
- The two weak drifters could be from the Phillipines or Indonesia (2 transmitters each)
f=fast drift, p=propagation effects, : interrupted by night break, w=only at warm up/switch on
view offset frequency list & 24h graph at fmscan.org
all screenshots taken with the superb and free Spectrum Lab software